Monday, September 15, 2008

Letter Number 9: Yes! Basic is tough :(

Sept. 10, 2008

Hey family,

So today pretty much sucked. My ankle is swollen to the size of a soft ball at most and my blisters have popped, closed, reopened and formed more blisters on top of that.

So Victory Tower, we didn't get to do it because it had rained and it would've been too dangerous to climb down. Also I wouldn't have been able to do it since my ankle hurt so bad. And we walked there, and I couldn't even keep up with the rest of the formation. So I was way in the back with the first sergeant. And this other girl Webb. We both were in so much pain. But she has bad circulation and mine was just blisters. *sigh* So now I have to go to sick-call to see what they can do for my ankle. Any kind of training I miss, I have to make up. *tears*

Oh. So we were at Victory Tower and our platoon wasn't behaving properly and were getting on the drill sergeant's nerves so we had to get into the front leaning reposition (which is push-ups)on the rocks. We must've been there for a good ten - fifteen min. and the Colonel and Lieutenant saw it so our drill sergeant got yelled at. So they said he needed to calm down, not cuss at us and don't yell. After that we had the easiest day. Hardly any push-ups, no yelling when something went wrong that kinda thing. But it got like a broken record after a while because people weren't doing the right thing so he'd continue saying the same thing over and over and over again. I was so annoyed!

UGH. I don't recommend sharing a bay with 60 females from the ages of 18-34 or something. You start to want to kick some females' butts on the for real! UGH!

OK, I'm going to attempt to sleep.

I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Katie

No comments: