Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Letter 23: "Vegas, you're a fighter..."

October 18,2008

Dear Mom, Dad, Jeff, Kyle, Karlee, Maggie, Natalee, and Jacob,

Hi guys! How's it going? I hope you all are doing well. Me, at the moment in time am sore. We have done combatives for two days in a row. That was so much fun! The first day we did it I got my butt kicked. But that 's only because the girl I fought cheated. She used her finger nails and bit and grabbed hair. Yeah it wasn't fun at all. The second time however, I won. That was a much better fight because the girl didn't cheat. My drill sergeant (DS Pellew) came up to me afterwards and said, "Vegas, you're a fighter. I didn't think you had it in you." Ever since he found out I was from Vegas he's called me that. Which is pretty cool, I guess.

Um we go on our 3 day tomorrow. That should be interesting. I really ope my platoon doesn't screw up on that one. It would really suck if they did. Who knows what DS Stephens would do to us. We'd probably get 0 hours of sleep. It's a 6 mile walk there. Yeah, not too excited about that. I hope I don't fall out. Keep prayers for me!!

Oh I got good news! I did 50 sit ups today! Can I get a high five? I think I did them in 2 min. But I don't know. I'm planning on doing more tonight (timed) just to make sure I can do my 53 in 2 minutes. Hopefully I can. Cross your fingers.

Um what else can I tell you ... Um shoot I really don't know what else to tell you. Oh next week is supposed to be all mandatory training. We have our 3 day, Nic at Night, Omaha and some other stuff. Oh yeah and grenades! I'm excited about that one! Oh yeah and our final PT test is on the 27th. Eek! I'm kinda nervous but I know I'll do good. I'll let you know how that goes. Well I'm off to go knock out some push ups and sit ups before I go to sleep.

I love and miss you all!

Love,

Katie

P.S. We are now on our 7th week!

No comments: