Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Letter 20: IVs and a Great Day!

Oct 9, 2008

FAMILY!

Hi everyone! So today has been the ultimate best day of the entire cycle!

We are the only platoon that is in White phase! All 3 of the other platoons are in Red phase! When the 1st Sgt. asked the platoon Sgts if they were ready I swear I felt like our DS was going to say we weren't ready. But we were! All 3 of the platoons were so jealous! It ROCKS! lol

I've improved on my sit ups. Today I did 49 in 3 mins. but that's not bad. Going from 15 to 49. Can I get a high five? Oh and tomorrow we get to shoot our M16s at night. That sounds like so much fun. We're also doing combatives soon. That'll be interesting.

Oh, lol we got to do first aid today. OMGOSH! That was an experience! We poked each other with IVs. Luckily my buddy paid attention. It was a great learning experience. Of course my veins were practically invisible but luckily I only got poked once.

Oh the coolest letter arrived today. I got my own personal letter from Elder Oaks from the 70. I was so excited. It really helped. I'll send it or a copy if you want it.

What else? Nothin else I can really think of at the moment.

How's everything in Vegas? Is it cold yet? What are you doing for Halloween? Are you going to Homecoming Jeff? Or did you go? Do I get pics?! lol Ok I think I'm good for the night.

I love and miss you all!

Love,

Katie

No comments: