Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm a Doin' a Jig....

EVERYBODY SING WITH ME NOW:

Oh! When the Soldiers come marching home! OH! When the Soldiers come marching home! I'm gonna be there in that number! When my Soldiers come marching home!!

Yes! It's true!! In just a few more days there will be boys returning home to see family. US as a matter-of-fact! Both the boys are heading toward graduation from AIT and on their way to us. Can I get a happy dance?

There's only one thing that would hold Jeff back from coming home and that's the fact that they are planning on a lot of dental work. I guess he's a category 3 and needs some serious attention to his teeth. Snaggle-boy he will be no more! If that's the case, he'll be a few more weeks but he's still on that pathway home.

JT on the other-hand, is heading this way. He's catching that big ol' air-o-plane and flying it home. Katie is beside herself with excitement and rightfully so! It's been a long, hard 6 months for the two of them and it's only going to get harder when she deploys in the next little while.


Life seems to move in fast motion more and more. This deployment is coming quicker than anticipated and I'm finding it harder and harder to feel secure in letting my little girl go but it's what she does and I'm proud of her for it. She'll be back before I know it too and I'll have all my children safe and sound again. That's the day I'm holding my breath for.

No comments: