Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

It's true. I just got home and in 11 days I leave again. Only this time I get to take Jeff along with me! I'm tittering with excitement. 15 days of just us...what a novel idea.

We're doing pretty much the same trip Katie and I did with a few twists. We aren't going on the extra trip up to Boston; we're heading into Philadelphia to see what wonders it holds. I'm excited to see my sister-in-law and her family again so soon! I'm looking forward to some good "water-ice" from Rita's and having Jeff share the experience. The question is, what flavor to try this time??

While we were out and about on our last trip, we got news from home that my mother-in-law had been placed back in the hospital. Thankfully things are going better with her now and we're still holding out that she and my father-in-law can accompany us on this next journey.

It's hard to believe that Jeffrey T. is ready to graduate from Basic Training! It seems like it was just yesterday that he left. He'll be home from AIT before we know it and off on a mission. Where does the time go? I think it slips by and we are so busy we miss half of what's going on.

Anyway, I thought I'd add a few pictures of Kate's and my trip for your viewing pleasure. :) I know, I know, you're really looking forward to it, aren't you?? You are? I'm so glad.



This is one of the gates leading into Harvard Yard in Cambridge, Massachusetts.


 At Beck and David's house with the boys. Aren't they adorable?

Outside of Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ. It was a crazy 2 hour wait to get inside. But we did see Joey and Grace!

This is the Changing of the Wreath. Part of the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at Arlington Cemetery in Washington, DC.

No comments: