Friday, August 27, 2010

Alright Folks, We're Off!

Tomorrow starts the long trip back east. I'm so excited to see Jeff I can't hardly stand it. We have a picture of him along with some video courtesy of www.victoryconcerts.com. They are a fabulous group who go out to the bases and encourage our BCT--soon-to-be--graduates and give them a much needed moral boost.

Jeff is the one holding the two sodas right in front.

My amazing in-laws showed up safely yesterday and all is well with them. I'm so grateful. They've had a long road with Mom's illness and Lee's. But both are doing phenomenally well. It's going to be so much fun to have them along to do some great things while we're back there. I'm excited for the opportunity to see Beck and David and the boys again--and so soon! :)

The kids are back to school on Monday. We, of course, won't be here. We miss their first two weeks of school. I'm really grateful Katie is old enough to play "mommy" while we're out taking care of Jeff. I don't know what we'd do without her. And of course she is excited because JT gets to come home in a week for a few days of leave. They haven't had much time in the way of newlyweddedness. (Yes, yes I did just make up the word)

I start back to school Monday also. How that's going to work is anybody's question. Thankfully there are  ways to access my classes via the web. Too bad I can't access my actual on-campus classes. But it will all work out, right?

I think the most exciting part--besides seeing Jeff--is that I get to have my husband for 15 days without Quality Towing waking us up and interfering in our lives! 15 blissful days of a silent phone. Ahhh! :)

I just got off the phone with Jeff and he's told me there's a hurricane due for Savannah, GA and the rest of the eastern coastline. He thinks he wants to go body-surfing. Gotta love that crazy man!!
Watch for pictures. I promise to add some of Jeff's and my trip. Especially ones with Jeff, Jr. and all the fun things we get to do with him. We only get one day but it's one day more than we've had for a long time.




Alright folks. We're off....

No comments: